Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Let the Race Begin!

Oscar started the race today when he announced his nods for the 2010 Academy Awards.

The five areas I will be voting and predicting are; 1. Best Picture, 2. Best Actor, 3. Best Actress, 4. Best Supporting Actor and 5. Best Supporting Actress. All films in red I've seen and listed the date of my review and my rating.

My vote means: If R.A.N. was sent a ballet this is who I would vote for.
My prediction means: Who I think will actually win (sometimes Oscar doesn't agree with me!).

BEST PICTURE

Oscar couldn’t decide this year, so he added 5 additional films for Best Picture, making it a total of 10 nominations. I have seen 5 of the films nominated and of those 5 my vote today, 2/2/10 is for “The Hurt Locker”. However, by March 7th I'll have seen all of the below nominations and will update my final vote and prediction of who will win.

Movies I haven't R.A.N. to:
“Avatar”
"District 9"
"An Education"
"A Serious Man"
"Up"

Movies I have R.A.N. to:

"The Blind Side" Nov. 23, 09 Rating: ****RUN
"Hurt Locker" July 21, 09 Rating: ****RUN
"Inglourioius Basterds" Aug. 23, ’09 Rating: *** 1/2 JOG quickly
" Precious" Dec. 23, ’09 Rating: *****RACE PAST (due to the extremely dark content of "Precious", while it's brilliant I don't recommned you see it.)
"Up in the Air" Dec. 28, ’09 Rating: **1/2 JOG slowly

BEST ACTOR

I've seen three of the five nominated roles, today, 2/2/10 my vote is for Morgan Freeman in "Invictus". Again look for updates after I've R.A.N. to all of the below.

Films I haven't R.A.N. to are in white and those I have R.A.N. To are in RED

Jeff Bridges in “Crazy Heart”
Colin Firth in “A Single Man”
George Clooney in “Up in the Air”

R.A.N. To "Up in the Air" Dec. 28 ’09 Rating:**1/2 JOG slowly
Morgan Freeman in “Invictus” R.A.N. To "Invictus" Dec. 23, ’09 Rating: *****RACE
Jeremy Renner in “The Hurt Locker” R.A.N. To "Hurt Locker": July 21, 09 Rating: ****RUN

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

I’ve R.A.N. To the two RED films below and based on those two my vote would be for Matt Damon in "Invictus". This may change once I see the other 3 nominees.

Woody Harrelson in “The Messenger”
Christopher Plummer in “The Last Station”
Stanley Tucci in “The Lovely Bones”

Christoph Waltz in “Inglourious Basterds” R.A.N. To "Inglourious Basterds": Aug. 23, ’09 Rating: *** 1/2 JOG quickly
Matt Damon in “Invictus” R.A.N. To "Invictus": Dec. 23, ’09 Rating: *****RACE

BEST ACTRESS
I's a difficult pick between Meryl Streep and Sandra Bullock. I think we have another Erin Brockovich (Julia Roberts) in our midst this year! I'm voting for Sandra Bullock in "The Blind Side" and predicting she wins. I loved Meryl in "Julie & Julia", but its Sandra's turn!

Helen Mirren in “The Last Station”
Carey Mulligan in “An Education”
Sandra Bullock in “The Blind Side” R.A.N. To "The Blind Side" Nov. 23, ’09 Rating: ****RUN
Gabourey Sidibe in “Precious R.A.N. To "Precious" Dec. 23, ’09 Rating: *****RACE PAST(
due to the severe darkness of this film I DO NOT recommend you see it)
Meryl Streep in “Julie & Julia” R.A.N. To "Julie & Julia" Aug 30, ’09 Rating: *****RACE

BEST SUPPORTING ACTESS

I’ve seen three of the nominated roles and while I recommended you RACE PAST "Precious" at this point Mo’Nique gets my vote.

Penélope Cruz in “Nine”
Maggie Gyllenhaal in “Crazy Heart”
Vera Farmiga in “Up in the Air” R.A.N. To “Up in the Air” Dec. 28, ’09 Rating: **1/2 JOG Slowly
Anna Kendrick in “Up in the Air” R.A.N. To “Up in the Air” Dec. 28, ’09 Rating: **1/2 JOG Slowly

Mo’Nique in “Precious” R.A.N. To “Precious” Dec. 23, ’09 Rating: *****RACE PAST (while this is a brilliant film, due to the extremely dark content of this movie I don’t recommend you see it.)

The next month will be fun to run to the movies I haven't seen and watch who emerges as the leader and ultimately takes Oscar home on March 7th.

LET THE RACE BEGIN!


No comments:

Post a Comment